This morning I crossed the 900 mile mark. With approximately 7 weeks remaining this year, I should end up running a little over 1040 miles. This has been a great year of running. I’m looking forward to finishing the year strong.
I had a great workout in the gym this morning. I worked my quads, hamstrings, and calves. Immediately following my workout, I put in 3 miles on the treadmill. I enjoy running on leg day. My legs feel so strong afterwards.
I spent some time this morning working on my book and planning my races for 2017. My book is about 60 percent complete and I plan to finish it by the end of the year. Having a solid outline has allowed me to focus on a section at a time. This is definitely speeding up the writing process. When I get stuck on a section or run out of thoughts, I can switch to another section and keep it moving. I took a break from writing my book for a few weeks to focus on my website, launching my blog, and releasing my fitness app. Now that those projects are where I want them to be, I can focus my efforts on writing my book.
- April – Martian Half Marathon (Dearborn, MI)
- May – Fifth Third River Bank 25K (Grand Rapids, MI)
- June – Seattle Rock n Roll Half Marathon (Seattle, WA)
In the fall, I plan to run the following races:
- August – The CRIM 10 Miler (Flint, MI)
- September – Captial City River Run Half Marathon (Lansing, MI)
- October – Detroit Half Marathon (Detroit, MI)
- November – New York Marathon (New York, NY)
I also plan on participating in a few 5Ks, 10ks, and 2-3 Duathlons. Once I have the dates for those, I will provide an update.
2017 is going to be an awesome year!
Until next time my friends! Be more, Do more! Let’s Go!